Thursday, July 9, 2009

Next On The Denu




As you may have guessed, I've pretty much ceased writing about politics in any "serious" way. "Savage Mules" taught me a valuable lesson about what people want to see or not see; and my recent struggles with Huffington Post prove that there's no political outlet willing to publish my critiques. So instead of spinning my tires for zero bucks, I'm returning to the kind of writing -- and in the videos, performing -- that excited and inspired me at the beginning. Only now I have the experience to make that kind of writing better, richer, and hopefully funnier.

The big focus is on the pilot script I'm currently writing. I'll leak more details later, but this project is perfect for the present cultural moment, which means I must finish it soon. When it's done, I'll send it to my LA contacts for their input and help. Ideally, this is an HBO or Showtime series, but it can work elsewhere. It's a dramedy, the humor dark and sometimes physical. It also deals with class, how tenuous one's place is within the grand American delusion. It's something a lot of people can relate to, especially now, which is why I must get back to work.

I'll still be doing the blog dance, for the time being, anyway. This is fun, but I need to move on to bigger things.