Wednesday, December 31, 2008

As Happy As Can Be

A quick shout to all of you who helped make this a very good year for me, writin' wise and otherwise. "Savage Mules" did much, much better than expected, and continues to sell. It would've been nice to actually have a reading or a debate to help promote it, but I've been down this bitchy road before. So enough of that, and let's see what we can do in Obama's first year.

I've selected our annual Bad Movie New Year's Eve fest, and I'm confident that Leonard Pinth-Garnell would approve. I won't give too much away, as I plan to write a review. But know that tonight, me and mine will be enjoying films featuring Moms Mabley, David Hasselhoff, Slappy White, Telly Savalas, Jennifer Tilly, and John Murray, who imitates his older brother Bill from "Meatballs" and "Stripes." I'm already rubbing my calloused hands in anticipation.

One film just missed this year's cut -- "Collision Course" with Jay Leno and Pat Morita as a mismatched pair of cops. Judging from the trailer, I may have erred in not getting this, but there's always next year.