Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Chump Change For Belasco

Overwhelmed with many things, some creative, some emotional, and I'm having trouble revving the engine for yet another knee-slapping parody, lib-slamming polemic, or extended pop cult meditation (my dissertation on "Lidsville" gathers more dust and moss, and Charles Nelson Reilly's passing hasn't helped matters). There are times when I'm simply tapped out, and this is one of them.

No matter. It will pass. And since there's no lull in the surrounding insanity, there'll be plenty of ripe topics for me to bite into and break my aging teeth on.

I've been reading a lot about the commando raid on Lal Masjid, or Red Mosque, in Pakistan. Talk about your utterly depressing, no-win scenarios! And this is just one corner of the global religious/capital war currently being waged. Bush becomes even more isolated from reality, the Dems talk about "bringing the troops home," but aren't all that urgent about it, and like the administration, Dems are also blaming the Iraqis for their misery, which should prove a winner in '08. Why ask Americans to take more responsibility for allowing this carnage to continue when you can dump it all on a bunch of wogs who don't live anywhere near Iowa or New Hampshire? Hillary is particularly good at this, and though it makes me vomit in my mouth to admit, she's really smooth and politically effective. It wouldn't surprise me at all if she buys -- er, "wins" the nomination, nor would it stun me if she became president. It would sadden me in many ways, but not throw me for a loop.

Blargh. That's it for today. Hopefully, I'll wake tomorrow with a mega-post bursting Alien-like from my chest and running its tiny, blood-coated claws over the keyboard. Maybe this will stir the savage little bastard: